Cove Rangers made it a third straight win edging out Huntly with a 2-1 victory at Christie Park.

Huntly made changes from the side which lost on the opening day at Turriff; Neale Allan, and John Urquhart came back in from the start while Michael Clark started for the first time since returning to the club. Cove reshuffled their side from the midweek cup win over Formartine with Jamie Watt coming in for Eric Watson who dropped down to the bench.

There was a let-off for Huntly in the seventh minute when Jonathan Smith played the ball in from the right and a Michael Clark attempted clearance struck the post before being cleared.

The visitors took the lead capitalising on a defensive error in the Huntly backline. The returning Michael Clark attempted to head the ball back to his goalkeeper Fraser Hobday and when the defender’s header was short, Jamie Watt nipped in front before lifting a shot beyond Hobday to open.

Another short clearance presented Cove with another chance but Watt’s effort was straight at the keeper.

Huntly drew level in the 21st minutes when a John Urquhart corner kick was not dealt with by the visitors and the ball dropped to Craig Dorrat whose right-footed drive took a deflection of his former team mate Alan Redford and into the net.

A great save from Fraser Hobday prevented Cove from regaining the lead when he tipped over a long range effort from Daryl Nicol.

There was further panic in front of the Huntly goal when a Murray McCulloch clearance looped up before Hobday managed to keep the ball out.

Half-Time: Huntly 1 Cove Rangers 1

Minutes into the second half, an ensuing goalmouth scramble saw Coe forwards Jamie Watt and Daryl Nicol as Neale Allan and Fraser Hobday had to make goal-line blocks.

Cove regained the lead in the 57th minute when the home side hesitated in getting the ball out of their own box and Daryl Nicol played the ball in from the left for Jamie Watt to net from close range.

Watt thought he’d grabbed his hat-trick before the hour mark with a header but Referee Anthony Cooper had ruled a push by the veteran forward.

Daryl Nicol had gotten forward looking for a third goal but a timely last-ditch challenge form Gary Davidson denied the forward.

Huntly had a chance to draw level late on in the game when substitute Alexander Thoirs headed wide from a Dean Donaldson cross while there were strong claims for a penalty in stoppage time following a handball just inside the Cove box.

Got an opinion on this game? click here to discuss in the forum


1 Fraser Hobday

3 Neale Allan
5 Gary Davidson
6 Michael Clark
2 Craig Dorrat

8 Gary McNamee (captain)
4 Murray McCulloch
9 John Urquhart

7 Ian Cruickshank
10 James Duguid
11 Dean Donaldson


1 Stuart McKenzie

2 Alan Redford
6 Darryn Kelly
3 Stuart Walker
5 Harry Milne

7 Daniel Park
4 Blair Yule
8 Roy McBain
11 Daryl Nicol

9 Jamie Watt
10 Jonathan Smith


12 Trialist
13 Thomas Johnston (G McNamee 90+1)
14 Aaron Scoular
15 Felipe Da Silva
16 Alexander Thoirs (Duguid 78)
17 Sean Croll
22 Trialist


12 Eric Watson (Milne 61)
14 Dean Lawrie (McBain 64)
15 Craig Mackie
16 Michael Selfridge
21 John McCafferty

Manager: Gregg Carrol
Assistant Managers: Steven Dolan & Mark Gray
Goalkeeping Coach: Nigel Burgess
Physios: Alister Murray & David Young
Manager: John Sheran
Coach: Graeme Mathieson
Physio: Scott Bridgwater
Referee: Anthony Cooper Assistant Referees: Gary Falconer & Sean Thomson

order cheap propecia online generic propecia without prescription

buy atarax online
buy lansoprazole
super viagra