Huntly moved back up to ninth with a home win over Strathspey Thistle despite a late fightback from the visitors.

Huntly were without the suspended Ross Still while Kai Ross after missing last week’s game with Nairn County following sickness while as defensive pair Ryan McRitchie and Michael also returned. The Jags were without Ross Naismith due to work commitments and Christopher Innes through suspension as James Fraser returned from suspension to captain the side.


After only seventeen seconds of play, a Kai Ross cross was not dealt with and Nicholas Gray was just wide on the volley.

A lack of concentration in the home defence saw the ball drop to returning James Fraser who thankfully for the Huntly defence fired over midway through the half.

Just after the half-hour mark, Ross caused problems with another delivery this time with Gray heading wide at the back post.

With eight minutes of the first half remaining Kai Ross drove a corner into the front post and Captain Michael ClarkMichael Clark powered in a header at the near post for his eight of the season.

The same almost produced a carbon copy of that goal three minutes this time with Clark’s powerful header just over.

Alexander Jack made a crucial double block inside his own box three minutes before the break before the ball broke loose to Cameron Lisle whose low shot rolled by the post.

Half-Time: Huntly 1 Strathspey Thistle 0

Nine minutes into the second half, Glenn Murison played a ball into the visitors and wing back Cameron Lisle lobbed his own keeper with a clearance for what turned out to be a spectacular own goal.

Clark came close again with another effort in the 69 th minute with his downward blocked after he met a corner from substitute Aidan Sopel. Five minutes later, Euan Storrier kept out Scott Graham with a double save as Strathspey kept looking to get back into the game.

Strathspey sub John Cameron missed a great chance to reduce the deficit shooting wide with the goal at his mercy in 76 minutes and it was a miss which may have proved costly.

Good quick passing from David Booth and Matthew McDonald saw the pair work the ball in to substitute Tom Andrews

The Jags set up a nervy finish when Scott Graham got ahead of his marker before firing low inside the near post.

Huntly (4-2-3-1)
Strathspey Thistle (3-5-2)

1 Euan Storrier

2 Alexander Jack
4 Michael Clark (captain)
5 Ryan McRitchie
3 Blair Johnston

12 Cameron Booth
18 Bradley Manson

6 Glenn Murison
10 David Booth
8 Kai Ross

9 Nicholas Gray

1 Michael MacCallum

26 Richard Tawse
12 Martin Duncan
16 Nicholas Mochan

8 Cameron Lisle
15 James McShane
18 David Watson
10 Scott Lisle
3 Stephen Rennie

11 James Fraser (captain)
13 Scott Graham


11 Aidan Sopel subbed on (Ross 64:51)
13 Matthew Johnson
15 Matthew McDonald subbed on (Jack 61:10)
16 Tom Andrews subbed on (Gray 77:22)
20 Neale Davidson
21 Christopher Hay


2 Lee Wilson
4 Ricky Lee
14 Graeme Grant subbed on (C Lisle 79:08)
19 John Cameron subbed on (Tawse 59:19)
20 Craig Macmillan subbed on (Watson 79:10)
28 Andrew Miller
30 Robert Flett

Management Team

  1. Martin Skinner (Manager, pictured)
  2. Richard Cheyne (Assistant Manager)
  3. John Farquhar (Coach)
  4. Martin Morrison (Coach)
  5. James McGovern (First Aid)
  6. Gordon Carter (Physio)

Management Team

  1. Gordon Nicolson (Manager)
  2. Tommy Wilson (Assistant Manager)
  3. Robert Flett (Physio)
  4. Chris Race (Physio)
Referee: Liam Duncan

Assistant Referee 1: Gary Falconer
Assistant Referee 2: Will McKay
  1. Michael Clark (37:29)
  2. Cameron Lisle (54:29 own goal)
  1. Scott Graham (85:25)
  1. Cameron Booth (58:43)
Sendings off

Match Statistics
Shots on target
Shots off target
Shots blocked

order cheap propecia online generic propecia without prescription

buy atarax online
buy lansoprazole
super viagra