Match report: Inverurie Loco Works - Huntly | Semi-Finals | Morrison Motors (Turriff) Aberdeenshire Shield

Inverurie Loco Works vs Huntly
2 1

More Information

Match Date: Wednesday, 09 November 2016
Match Time: 20:00 h
Venue: Harlaw Park


A Neil McLean free kick sent Inverurie Loco Works into the final of the Aberdeenshire Shield to face Banks O’ Dee after a 2-1 win over Huntly.

The home side welcomed back experienced forward Martin Bavidge while Huntly were forced into changes, Stuart Grant was unavailable and Paul Napier injured as Craig Reid returned in goal while Michael Clark and Ian Cruickshank came into the starting eleven.

In the first minute Craig Reid was called into action as the former Cove keeper turned a Bavidge shot round the post.
A great ball from the returning Cruickshank in the ninth minute picked out Robert Duncanson but a timely interception in the area from former Huntly defender Ross Anderson denied the top scorer.

Injuries problems continued to mount up for Huntly with Ian Cruickshank (groin) and Robert Duncanson (hamstring) coming off before the half-hour mark to be replaced by Adam Naismith and Stuart Hodge.

Late on in the half a free kick from Jordan Leyden was kept out courtesy of a Reid save.

Half-Time: Inverurie Loco Works 0 Huntly 0

After losing two players to injury in the first half, a third injury blow was dealt at the break with Dennis Wyness suffering a hamstring injury and he was replaced by Lewis Ingram.

In the 53rd, Ross Still looked to have won the ball in the middle of the park only to be penalised for a foul by Referee Dan McFarlane. The resultant free kick was played long into the head of Martin Bavidge who did enough to get to the ball in front of Sean Webb to head into the far bottom corner.

Midway through the half, Michael Clark rose to meet a Jordan Morrice free kick but a deflection saw the effort go wide of the post.

A Sean Webb header was blocked in the 76th minute from Morrice’s corner. From the following corner, Clark has his headed effort blocked.

Huntly levelled with eleven minutes remaining when Blair Johnston got forward on the left and delivered a cross into the box for Michael Clark to head in his first Huntly goal since March 2012.

Huntly goalkeeper Craig Reid had played through the game with injury and did well to pull off a block against Jordan Leyden in the 83rd minute before Sean Croll cleared the rebound.

With the game looking like it was heading for extra time there was a big twist 21 seconds into stoppage time. Locos captain Neil McLean sent a long free kick into a packed area and it appeared to take a cruel bounce on its way in to beat Reid and put the home side into the final.

Inverurie Loco Works: Mathieson, Rennie, McLean (c), Souter, Anderson, Broadhurst, Leyden, Laing (Crisp 90+1), McCabe, Bavidge (Donaldson 59) and Charlesworth (Selfridge 66). Unused subs: Jeffrey, Forsyth, Willox and Booth (gk). Booked: Souter (84)
Huntly: Reid, Webb (c), Still, Croll, Cruickshank (Naismith 29), Wyness (Ingram H-T), Murison, B Johnston, Morrice and Duncanson (Hodge 29). Unused subs: Leslie, Ritchie, Burr and Pennycook (gk) Booked: Clark (85) and B Johnston (89)
Referee: Dan McFarlane

:: Powered by JoomLeague - Version 3.0.1 ::

order cheap propecia online generic propecia without prescription

buy atarax online
buy lansoprazole
super viagra